Sunday, November 9, 2008

My 3D room part 1

The main thing that i have created so far is a 3d representation of my room, which has a very cartoon feel about like that of the first pixar shorts, where everything looks like it could be real but it just a little to 'glossy' not sure the best way to describe it.

I started this project for two reasons, one i will be starting an assignment soon to build the student union office, on the inside, and two, Rosie is down in Reading so I am bored and lonely. Although usually your supposed to sketch out the area that you are going to be creating, I started from 3DS Max.

As Im modeling my room i found getting up and having a closer look at different areas just that little bit easier than if i was modeling a parisian roof top, although I dont have a tap measure so evrything was created on instinct, which has led to a slightly characitured version of my room, where everything is in th right place but psoiible not in the right proportions.

After one days work, I say day i started at about 6, I had created most if the room, and most of the objcts to go in it. This is what i ended up with.



No comments: