Monday, November 10, 2008

Santa Fimo Clause

What have I done today?? Well I had a Photoshop workshop this morning and from then i have been sat infront of my pc creating santa fimo clause, I did also go and sit in the uni for 45min while i waited for my girlfriend.

On to Santa Fimo Clause, I must first state that this is based on a original work by girlfriend. Click on the pick to get to her blog.
So i used this image as a plane, which i then frooze and started adding in simple poly objects, for the eyes and the nose. Moving onto the body this was just a elongated sphere whith edges and veritices extruded and the like to get a similar look to the ref.

I then used another set of elongated spheres for the feet and hands with scaled vrtices to create the illusion of palms and bridges in the feet.

The most complicated bit was the beard for this i used the create poly tool to draw the outline of the beard then i began to use the split polygon tool show where the beard ebs and flows, this was the longest part of the model.

Nearly forgot the hat, this was just a simple cylinder which i pushed and pulled to fit the image then rotated so that it looked like it was under simple world forces.

By the end of the modeling I had this: